Busy Bodies is a great way to boost a childs confidence, and self esteem. My sessions can be adapted to suit the childrens needs. Please note that I am; fully insured, enhanced DBS, clean all equipment, can provide you with my risk assessment, and I am conducting regular lateral flow tests. I have had both vaccinations and booster. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
Following the decommissioning of the Staffordshire County Council's Physical Disability Support Service. (PDSS) I decided to set up independently with effect from September 2017.
My essential role in physical difficulties support is still, however, very much required and valued by early years settings, schools, colleges and the young people and their families.
I worked in the PDSS role from Horton Lodge Community Special School for eleven years and so have experience in all settings. I am passionate about the service I have been providing, and it is for this reason I decided to set up independently.
I have an office at St. Edward's Church of England Academy, Westwood Road, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8DN.
The aim of the service is to provide support to mainstream settings to enable inclusion of pupils with physical difficulties.
Please contact me for further information and prices.
Support can be offered in a number of specialist areas that include the following:
· Advice on specialist resources equipment and facilities
· Support, guidance and participation upon the SEND assessment
· Access to the environment and the curriculum
· Mobility/ physical access
· Liaise with other agencies, and professionals
· Touch typing and handwriting assessments and programmes
· Assessments for gross and fine motor skills
· Strategies for physical management and personal care
· Care plan advice and guidance
· Risk assessment support and guidance
· Moving and handling advice/training
· To attend meetings, with other agencies
· Independence, personal self-help and life skills
· Staff training, basic introduction to signing, dyspraxia, hypermobility and handwriting
Since becomming independent I have worked for the following:
The Moorlands Primary Federation (TMPF)
St Edward's Church of England Academy
The Painsley Catholic Academy
Staffordshire University Academy Trust (SUAT)
The Talentum Learning Trust
The Cheadle Academy
Cheadle Primary School
Uttoxeter Learning Trust
Blessed Trinity RC College
Children First Learning Partnership
Blessed Trinity RC College
My aim is to provide personal and individual support to settings to enable inclusion of pupils with physical difficulties. Please contact me with any queries.
Sports Premium funding confirmed for 2021/2022 academic year. My Busy Bodies programme, which fits the criteria, not only focuses gross and fine skills, but can also help to build children's self esteem and confidence. Please see my Busy Bodies page and get in touch to check for availability.
01538 626 020
Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter